1. Preheat the oven to 450 degree on the bake setting.
2. In a bowl, combine the butter, garlic, shallot, parsley, lemon, salt, and pepper. Mix everything together with a spatula.
3. Open the oysters and stand them up straight on the rack over a tray.
4. Place a dollop of garlic butter in each oyster, and lay the branches of thyme over the top of the oysters.
5. Put the tray in the oven and bake for 3-5 minutes, or until the butter is melted and the oysters are hot, but not over cooked. Remove from the oven and remove the thyme branches.
6. Place a small pile of wet salt for each oyster on the plate. Press each oyster into each pile of salt, standing them up straight. Serve immediately
6 ea. Kusshi oysters
Garlic butter (see recipe below)
3 sprigs thyme
Wet Salt (for plating)
¼ cup butter, at room temperature
3 cloves garlic, minced
½ shallot, minced
½ lemon, juiced
4 leaves of parsley, finely chopped
Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper